Chocolate brownies are always welcome.
And when you top them with cherries and some caramel sauce,you know you’ve done something right.
They are something else.
Slightly nutty and then intensely Chocolatey. And to add to the nuttiness is the umami taste of brown butter.
That is what add that special taste to these brownies. I’ve added some pecans, you can use walnuts or flakes almonds or you can just leave it plain .
Just a glossy gorgeous brown.
OK so I was working on my apperture settings and ISO settings so I tried different angles . I’ve realised photography is super fun. Especially if you’re shooting food.
And the joy doubles when you’re shooting chocolate and beautiful fruits.
So since this is chocolate and yummy let me not waste too many words.
Oh and the other good things about these brownies is that they are made with whole wheat.
And brown butter.
So regular salted butter that I warmed and allowed to burn a little. I never bothered to strain the sediments . That is what adds to the umami flavors.
I’ve added 2 eggs, you can substitute that with flax seed gel.
And I had some pecans…Fell free to use walnuts or cranberries or candied oranges. Or even pop on some oreos chocolate chip cookies.
This is a flexible recipe. But of all the brownies I’ve made ,these are surely up there among the best. My second favorite are my brownie with Oreo. Check those out here.
Simple and comparatively make for anlesser guilty pleasure.
Try them today.
You’ll need to line a square brownie Tom with parchment paper. Always ensures your brownie comes out easy and the tin is so easy to clean.
This is. One bowl Brownie. Perhaps a better name would be a one sauce pan Brownie recipe.
Heat the butter over low heat till it foams and the butter solids cook our and become brown.
Cool. Add in the sugar and whisk well till almost melted in. Beat in the cocoa powder and the coffee powder. Also pop in the vanilla. This is the best time to taste. Yum.
Now add in an egg at a time. Remember the sugar mix must be cool, you won’t be happy to scramble eggs. The second one after the first…
Preheat the oven
If you’re using flax seed gel ,this is the time to pop it in .
Now mix well . Add in the flour and baking soda in two batches. You might need to add a little milk. I added roughly 2 tbsp.
Now pour it into the prepared tin and tap a few times. You could have added the pecans or raisins earlier,or just dot them.over now.
That’s the time to lick the bowl clean and maybe eat a few pecans. I totally forgot I still have some Brandy soaked fruit. I could have used them in my brownie and drunk the soaking liquid.
That’s why another round of brownies must be baked.
Pop the tin in the oven and wait till the aromas begin to play with your head…
And then wait some more.. approximately 35-40 minutes.
Once you bring them out…the criminal restraining of the knife starts… You’ve to wait till it cools…
Cut the brownie into 9 or 16 pieces…and enjoy.
I drizzled some salted caramel sauce and a whole lot of cherries. Just waiting.for my cherry pitter to arrive and then we’ll be making cherry marmalade…
Before that ,you must make these brownies.
And eat them all or share the calories.
- 150 gms butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups whole wheat flour or atta
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs or equivalent flax seed gel
- Walnuts or pecans or cranberries or raisins or oreo cookies or chocolate chip cookies to top.
- Grease and line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in a sauce pan and heat on low till the butter browns and a sediment settles.
- Turn off the heat. Add the sugar and mix and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Mix again after then mix has cooled.
- Add cocoa powder and coffee powder and mix again.
- Add 1 egg at a time and whisk.
- Add about half the milk or more if needed. Remember mwhole wheat flour needs a little more liquid.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- If you're using berries or raisins add them now.
- Pour into the tin and dot with pecans or oreo or cookies.
- Place in the oven for 40 odd minutes .
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick...
- Once its done allow to cool and then cut...
- If they allow you to cool the brownies.
- If you have leftovers 😏😳😳😳😳 keep each brownie separated by parchment paper in the fridge.
We ate them naked first…then drizzled some salted caramel and some sea salt and made a fab midnight snack out of the brownies.
What are you planning to do??Maybe make a brownie sizzler???
Lemme know how you gobble these…
Till then loads of Chocolate love❤️❤️