Cravings come in all sizes.
And then some voices in the back of the head cry foul. Too many calories , they say. Too much fat , they say.
Did you work out enough ? they ask, scoffing at the feeble responses the other side gives.
You don’t deserve any Nutella!
They hastily remind you . And then you begin to dream of a small bite of chocolate cake and some Nutella.
So I’d rather avoid this torture and the binge that follows and eat a small bite when the craving strikes . Luckily enough ,there are many around to share the calories with me .
You have Nutella? Bring it out from the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature. This allows you to almost accurately measure 90 g of Nutella into a cup .
Crack an egg into the cup and whisk it up together . Add in the flour and the baking powder and whisk to get a thick cake batter.
If your cup of joy runs over , pour this into a clean cup, else cleaning up will be murder.
Top with a few nuts if you will.
I would suggest you don’t skip the salted caramel. That what takes this from mundane and ordinary to spectacular.
If you have store bought sauce , be sure to add salt.
Indian microwaves are generally 900watts. So run this in the centre at full power for 1 minutes.
If your Microwave is 700watts ,don’t fret , just add another 10 seconds.
If its too wet in the centre, microwave 10 seconds extra , maybe twice.
Fudgey , gooey is better than over baked and rubbery.
My Nutella microwave mug cake tatsed very brownie like. Yours will too.
So sift a bit of sugar. Oraybe top with some cherry compote. Or maybe ice cream or just cream
Maybe some more salted caramel sauce.
Just take a bite and blissfully forget those incessant voices for a while.
You deserve that bliss.
- 90 gms Nutella -approximately ,generous 3 tbsp
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 pinch baking powder
- 1 egg
- Nuts optional
- 1 tbsp salted caramel sauce -optional
- Icing sugra to serve, single scoop ice cream , chopped berries and cream or chocolate sauce again optional
- Spoon the Nutella into a cup.
- Crack an egg into it.
- Whip together.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix. Pour into another cup if this one is already messy.
- Top with a few chopped nuts.
- Add a spoon of salted caramel sauce just before baking in the micr at 900W powder for 1 minute.
- If it still looks under cooked, cook at 10 sec intervals.
- Remove from microwave and cool a couple of minutes.
- Top with icing sugar or a topping of your choice.
- Over cooked cake will be rubbery.
- Under cooked microwave cake however, will be fudgy and will cook a bit and taste miles better than overcooked.