Nope these are not confusion on a plate. Perfectly married Flavors that are classic Indian and scream festivals. And when you top it with rabri and a chocolate ganache glaze…it becomes a cracker of a dessert.
At least that’s what everyone who had it said.
The mini Bundts are essentially little portion controlled bites of sooji ka halwa or sheera as they call it in mumbai, with the rose and Cardamom and saffron, and it has comparatively less amounts of ghee.
Deceptively easy to make specially if you have these lead of silicone moulds which are so easily available now. We made it in the microwave because we were not interested in any colour on the crust. I just wanted some soft and cooked as fast as possible.
Much as though,I’d like all cupcakes to be Mini bundt cakes, you may not be as crazy as I am about collecting cake tins.
So if you have silicone cupcake moulds they will solve the exact same purpose. They may not be as pretty as Mini bundt cakes but they will still be as fantastically yummy as ever. And 3-4 minutes is possibly the biggest Temptation to bake a cupcake ever. So go ahead choose your cupcake moulds and try this recipe.
You need to first lightly roast the semolina and cool it on a plate. Just put the semolina into a frying Pan and on very low heat dry roast till the Raw smell disappears.
Now mix the dry ingredients together and pour in the wet stuff.
Mix well and set aside for at least 5 minutes for the semolina to absorb all the moisture it needs.
If required add an extra spoon of milk and mix the better. Lightly grease the silicone moulds with oil or ghee. I like to use a spray but only because I have it otherwise I generally brush oil lightly into the moulds.
Spoon in almost three fourth full better and place on the microwave plate. Make space for a microwave proof glass that you must feel half way with water. Now Run your microwave at 70% or 80% power for 3-4 minutes.
With these cupcakes it’s better to under bake than over bake . So stop in the middle and check if the cupcakes are done. They will start to pull away from the moulds. If you over Bake these cupcakes they will become to dry and you will not enjoy the mouth feel of these cupcakes.
I had only a small Pinch of saffron left and my Saffron did not put into much colour however I didn’t want use food colour so a word of advice use a generous Pinch of saffron for that yummy flavour of Kesari.
I keep a batch of sugar that I have ground with a few cardamom pods and sometimes I also add some dry rose petals. This eliminates the need for an essence.
Pour the glaze over just 5 minutes before you servet these cupcakes.
For the rabdi all you need to do is Seema a litre of milk over very low heat until the milk reduces to half the original volume. Add sugar to taste some chopped nuts and a generous Pinch of Cardamom powder.
Stir well and Simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Chop the white chocolate and pour over the cream. In bursts of 30 seconds each melt the two in the microwave or over a double boiler. Mix well, blend in the rubber Dr spoon at a time and chill.
To serve spoon the glaze over the cupcakes or bundlet’s and let them rest for 5 minutes .
Sprinkle over some chopped pistachios dried rose petals and a few strands of saffron.
Enjoy the festive season with these Mini bundt cakes.
If you make these cupcakes please share the images on baketitude’s Facebook page or use the hashtag #baketitude.
- 1 cup semolina
- !/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup ground sugar
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chopped nuts
- pinch salt
- pinch saffron
- cardamom and rose petals
- 100 gms white chocolate
- 50 gms cream
- 1/2 cup rabri (thickened milk)
- pinch saffron
- dry roast the semolina on a low flame ,till the raw smell disappears. dont allow the semolina to brown.
- mix the cooled semolina with the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Soak the saffron in the milk.
- Stir in the milk, melted ghee, yogurt , sugar , cardamom powder and rose petal powder and nuts.
- Allow the semolina to soak in the liquid.
- After 5 minutes, spray oil or brush the silicone moulds with oil.
- Mix the baking soda with half tsp of water and mix into the batter well.
- Spoon into the moulds.
- Place in the microwave with water glass and bake 3 minutes.
- unmould and allow to cool.
- Place the chopped chocolate and cream in a bowl and microwave till melted./
- mix well.
- Spoon in the rabri till you get your desired consistency, like a pouring caramel sauce.
- Spoon over the cupcakes and serve.
- Bake the Cupcakes at 70% or 80% power.
- Place a microwave proof glass half full of water withe the cupcakes,or they will dry out and become rubbery.
- These taste best with ghee, feel free to make them with a vegetable oil.
- Store in the fridge.