It’s all about moderation and balance. On the right side there’s the dark forces and decadence and desserts and on the other side there’s light and sunshine and good health.
Since we’re always indulging ,there is a need to balance .
Especially when this little container lands on your doorstep. Yup, it’s all induced thinking about good health. And healthy choices.
I used to be a regular at my neighborhood gym till last year. And then I underwent a total hysterectomy.
It’s been a year and I’ve just not been able to get on track and it’s a constant struggle with weight gain right now. But there’s a young lady who’s regular and who’s lost a whole lot of weight and is so much fitter now.
The young lady is vegan and rocking that vegan diet. I’m so totally inspired by her.
I know I won’t be able to go vegan, but I’m now conciously trying to balance out my food choices.
So this is Naomi’s Pasta recipe. b
Balancing out the carbs and the protiens, this is a filling bowl of pasta excellent for summer.
You can make this gluten free by using a gluten free pasta or even rice or millets.
Vegan Pasta with Nutritional Yeast
- 1 cup small pasta -- used ditalini
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small broccoli florets cut into same size as pasta.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 8-10 cashews soaked in water
- Salt and red chilli flakes to taste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Boil the pasta till al dente.
- Drain, reserving a cup of the liquid.
- Grnd the soaked cashews with the garlic and some of the pasta liquid till you obtain cashew milk.
- Heat the oil in the pan.
- Add the onion and saute with the broccolli.
- Add in the pasta, stir well.
- Season with teh salr and red chilli.
- Stir in the cashew milk.
- Cook over low heat till sauce thickens ,add in the tomatoes.
- Add most of the yeast and stir.
- Spoon into bowl and sprinkle over the remaining yeast.
- Enjoy this light meal.
Wash the broccoli well.
Grind the cashews with the garlic and 1/2 cup water till you get cashew milk.
Heat a pan and add the oil. Lightly sauté the onions. Add the broccoli and stir fry till aldente.
Add the pasta and season.
Now add the cashews milk and cook till the sauce coats the pasta well. Add the remaining pasta water and cook.
Turn off the heat and add most of the nutritional yeast and mix.
Spoon into a plate and sprinkle the remaining nutritional yeast flakes.
Serve hot. And enjoy the nutrition rich ,light vegan meal.